LF: Re: F6CNI to night testing a tuned loop TX on MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: F6CNI to night testing a tuned loop TX on MF
From: "F6CNI - Andy - JN19QB" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:55:47 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy.

Well done, I am also very impressive. All datas are so close !

I just download your EXCEL file.

I live in Château Thierry, in the Region of wines of champagne.
Congrats, and this glass is for you !

Andy F6CNI.

image

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: LF: F6CNI to night testing a tuned loop TX on MF

That is interesting, and encouraging.  I inserted your loop parameters into a spreadsheet I wrote many years ago in the early days of LF to calculate the properties of loop antennas.   As the spreadsheet is designed to work with circular l loops I used a diameter of 9.45m to give the same area as your 7m x 10m rectangular loop.

The results come out very close to the values you give from measurement.
and for your loop, the spreadsheet figures can be seen below:
The ERP for 1W of RF shows as -22.5dBW which is so close to your 6mW as to be almost impressive!

The spreadsheet (with different values inserted) can be found at http://www.g4jnt.com/DownLoad/MagLoop.xls

Andy  G4JNT

Frequency 0.475 MHz   Loop area 70.14 m^2
Loop Diameter 9.45 m   Radiation res 9.64E-04 Ohm
Conductor dia 10 mm   Tot Cond Length 29.69 m
No. Conds. (Litz) 1     Winding Length 29.69 m
No. of turns 1     Inductance 41.16 uH
Resistivity 1.7E-08 Ohm/m   Skin depth 9.52E-05 m
rel Permeability 1     RF Resistance 0.169 Ohm
        Xl 123 Ohm
Tx Power 1 W   Q 724
        Bandwidth  656 Hz
        Efficiency 0.0057