RE: LF: EA5DOM <crazy> vertical

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: EA5DOM <crazy> vertical
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:29:18 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan

Thank you for your comments on this <crazy> topic

If you remove the counterpoise wire from the PL connector, the screen is floating so there can be no HV problems. Or do i missunderstand something?
A normal PL-jack may handle 3 kV but 6 kV is not ideal for a longer time i think :-) And you will have 24 kV at 800 W ;-)

You are right. PL connector has no coaxial inside, just inner to vertical element and outer to external screw were radials must be connected
So removing radials there is no risk of HV break. My fear is for the stepper motor which is very close inside the case. If the motor gets burned
I will definetly have to look for another solution

BTW. Those 24kV at 800 W can explain some pictures shown in this reflector ;-)

Will test it at low power first and see what happens. Think I can measure induced voltage on motor coils and this will show the risk of increasing power
I'm still in the process of getting access to the fire extiguish pipe to clamp a wire up to the antenna. It is not easy, but can be done

73 de Luis
EA5DOM