Re: LF: EA5DOM <crazy> vertical

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EA5DOM <crazy> vertical
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:35:20 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

Am 09.06.2015 12:37, schrieb VIGILANT Luis Fernández:

I'm using a Ultrabeam V6-40 vertical antenna. My idea is to use it just connecting the inner pin of the PL
to the loading coil, once removed the actual counterpoise wires for HF bands. The inner pin of the PL connects
with the copper-berilium tape which forms the vertical element of the antenna.
If you remove the counterpoise wire from the PL connector, the screen is floating so there can be no HV problems. Or do i missunderstand something?
A normal PL-jack may handle 3 kV but 6 kV is not ideal for a longer time i think :-) And you will have 24 kV at 800 W ;-)

Probably the safer way would be to retract the original element completely and use just the fiberglass pole
to support a dedicated wire.
Yes, maybe a better idea.

But you can start at low power, like you did so far and see the improvement over the horizontal loop. The later, if the PL jack burned down, you can search for another solution :-)

73, Stefan