LF: Antennas on low bands : the Siegel and Labus books.

To: "RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Antennas on low bands : the Siegel and Labus books.
From: Guyé André <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 17:19:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi to all.

I see that many questions are on the LF reflector about antennas on low bands, modeling and concerning the lobe formation zones (Fresnel, Fraunhofer and Rayleigh). On the way, that explain why IUT is using the E.I.R.P. as standard of power.

The best study is coming from the 1940 years from Labus and Siegel. No reference in Internet on their first original study. In the 1983 years I was studying about that and I found one of the four exemplary in the world (one in the Bordeaux university library - France, others in Sweden, Italy (?) and UK ( ?)).

But others later publications of Labus and Siegel are on the net, here :

https://books.google.fr/books?id=QjYtNJZmWLEC&pg=PA563&lpg=PA563&dq=siegel+and+labus&source=bl&ots=Xr7QCsMw-Y&sig=81O1Oa4r2UULnGPKyV44Uvuq1RI&hl=fr&sa=X&ei=xHpoVeuqEaW9ygOPt4KACQ&ved=0CEAQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=siegel%20and%20labus&f=false

http://puhep1.princeton.edu/~mcdonald/examples/schelkunoff_procire_29_493_41.pdf

73. Andy F6CNI.

Avast logo