Re: LF: LF/MF TXing for Kenwood TS950SD and TS50

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF/MF TXing for Kenwood TS950SD and TS50
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:35:00 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1422700500; bh=9pRTKj1MudWJT39b5zEtIfQdZJnTiStAIs4tCUke/qU=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Lct7+4wYFOc/g5Ag8MRFLaJxaXGCneuk3j5TW5KsHVcYsjZetEC6dieeHLQX5Mm1pHhXLaI5Jw88+3A11Q5RqiLIaeQr29X4OsO8Pai0f31B0CfBRa1YWB5lpn5LaF/hgm/rAzQvsTAA3q7yVMFJFG0pMgvy5jSQZLxNcXO2880=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Tom

Nice array of rigs I also own a TS50 plus a TS690s quite good on the RX side at
M/LF the TS50 lacks the RX filtering of the other rig.

My suggestion is build an GW3UEP TX but drive it with reduced power  (the odd
milliWatt) via divider chain from one of the rigs. That way you get the
frequency stability and VFO agility (not that it is really needed) plus side
tone etc from the rig by using split working. You will have to recalibrate your
mind to the actual TX frequency depending upon the division quotient i.e /2 ,
/4 , /n etc. On RX read out would be direct of course. Otherwise use a DDS as
the TX exciter. (I use xtals).

http://www.gw3uep.ukfsn.org/100W_QTX/100WTX/PA_cmos.gif

http://www.gw3uep.ukfsn.org/100W_QTX/QuickView/Quick%20View%20100W%20QTX.htm

There are also similar simple TX designs for 136.

This suggestion does not give you linear operation and is not suitable for
sound card modulation applications such as WSPR (just as well IMHO) it is only
suitable for  On / Off  keying modes such as CW/ Very Slow CW QRSS/ Opera a
form of CW/ NB direct shift RTTY/ Direct shift DFCW  will work OK.

Before I am corrected WSPR is possible but only via some jiggery pokery using a
four direct frequency shift pattern. Clever Johan SM6LKM has cracked it.

However some one on here may have done the modifications to the TS range but I
have not heard about it myself.

Good luck

73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX

Sent via my own personal Too-Way (two way) Earth Station to and from the
Eutelsat Ka-band satellite  http://www.tooway.co.uk/  at approximately 172
degrees Azimuth in the Clarke belt owing to BTs 19th century cable
technology inability to provide a good enough 21st century broadband service. I
agree for this message to be passed on to BT Plc at 81 Newgate Street, London
EC1A 7AJ  via the snoops at GCHQ Cheltenham, thanks for your cooperation it is
appreciated.