Re: Fw: LF: MF: VO1NA (was: VO1NA de F6CNI : 136K OP32)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Fw: LF: MF: VO1NA (was: VO1NA de F6CNI : 136K OP32)
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 11:07:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

VOCM on 590 kHz has been arm chair copy in the past around my local sunrise. I have been monitoring reception of Canadian NDB's every night for years now and I am sorry to say that propagation from Canada is very modest (read poor) at the moment.
This does not necessarily apply to 137 kHz, though.

The Kyoto Dst has been in the doldrums the last couple of weeks and is now back to normal. In my experience it will take ten days for full recovery and looking at the long lasting disturbances it might very well take longer now.

When the band is really open, NDB's from Newfoundland will be audible here before the 8 o'clock news in the evening and lasting well after local sunrise.

What we need is a quiet sun and solar flux below 100 (and low static).

None the less I am happy to report just a single WSPR decode from WE3XGR last night!

73,
Roelof Bakker, PAoRDT
Receiver: PERSEUS SDR
Antenna: pa0rdt-Mini-Whip.