LF: Re: Testing now a new RX antenna on MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Testing now a new RX antenna on MF
From: André Guyé <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:08:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello dear Domenico.

The coupling system is very classic :

  • At the base of each vertical, the impedance is about 25 – 3400j (including the 25 Ohms of ground rod resistance). I match that to a 50 Ohms RG58, using a L circuit with a serial 1150 µH coil and a 6800 pF parallel capacitor on the coaxial side.
  • The two coaxial cables have the same length and are the two inputs coming into the phasing box.
  • The « out of phasing » box includes a small single ferrite toroid of Al = 700.
    • The primary is 14 turns. The the center is grounded and connected to the both ground sides of the two coacials coming from the antennas. The center of each coaxial is connected to the A and B ends of the primary coil.
    • The secondary is 20 turns, isolated from the primary, for 50 Ohms output coaxial going to the band preamplifier ;
  • The preamplifier is a common 20 dB of gain, high current type.
  • The Rx is a IC 7200.

That is very simple. Of course, it is not a transmitting antenna, only for receiving ! I test this antenna to see the difference between it and my K9AY.

73 QRO. F6CNI