Re: Re: LF: Re: Fw: Black balled .... me?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Re: LF: Re: Fw: Black balled .... me?
From: "dennis" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:22:03 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1403796127; bh=RSq6qNzAGBBZv7Y+Ic6Bjb3th4mEo6SDK/nIuuOAt/4=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer; b=XEqxla5h/aad1gX7NMeiLVFi5STejE2TiD7po2WSAmt4JHV5kvkMSZrV0z1MpdK+O4WIqpwtQVUxY7Wze7AwmKM6aVSZmhCsz6UgS7lGhy1Fj9e4Cuzwm5DhB3SD6nQ55YOnlseTkQFjVGyJznZgkhcqUAz5mOHeNj5qQOQow/o=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Pete

I am not surprised that you are not getting many reports on your daytime mf transmssions as neither do I, but still get reports from Chas G3DXZ (Retford) every Sunday morning, and had similar reports from Northern Ireland (weeks ago). The fact is that there as been little activity on mf, as with most bands except contest times. Why not join us Sunday morning (9 to 1030 local)? Chris G3XIZ has advertised our net in Sprat and a regular net is one way of keeping the band open with the hope that the more often the band is used, the more popular it might get. Chris often gets an EU contact late evenings, but I have to reserve that time for my wife. Chris said he has seen you on the Sheffield grabber in the past. Things should look up in the winter with the longer hours of darkness.

Incidently, on mf I am still running 20 watts into a 40m inverted 'V' dipole (24ft high) with 50ohm twin feeder (loudspeaker figure of 8 wire), connected as a 'T' aerial with the usual mf inductometer in series in the shack of course. I can tune the ae as a dipole on most bands with my 'T' match ATU and as a 'T' aerial with ittle extra inductance for TB. Not the most efficient arrangment but running only 5watts QRP, it gets me out without too much trouble. My Wellbrook RX loop works much better since I elevated it 8ft away from all the garden clutter, and the RX mini-whip 20 ft high serves a turn also

PS: Some of those long dashes may be mine as I have been trying to prevent mf getting into my PC.

73 Dennis M0JXM

----- Original Message ----- From: "M0FMT" <[email protected]>