Re: LF: VLF in Canada

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF in Canada
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:39:43 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: [email protected]
> If you cut the bottoms out from the buckets...
Actually thought of putting a fan on the top and feed it inductively, but not sure how the motor electronics would handle the fields.

> I could not get to the arced coil .JPG
You should be able to browse the folder http://df6nm.bplaced.net/VLF/pictures/ - seems to work from here.

The flashover had happened a couple of weeks ago during a long unattended transmission. The buckets had been pushed all the way in to bring the resonance from 8.97 to 8.27 kHz, in a silly attempt to protect the Euclid lightning locator network against undue interference from my superstrong microwatts (ha ha). In the meantime, I have repaired the faulty coil, increased the antenna capacitance a bit by doubling up some more parts of the antenna wire, and inserted a few fat chunks of ferrite in the coil (more pics in above directory). So I'm back to "safe 4-Lego spacing" at the new frequency (at least I think so ;-)

73,
Markus