Re: LF: Fw: SAQ transmissions 2014-06-29 and 2014-07-02

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Fw: SAQ transmissions 2014-06-29 and 2014-07-02
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 17:11:42 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1403453502; bh=K7OsyVTK9A7FAKmYNhKLAWhI+Xe8ACpfrD+slFtYOBg=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=quc478iKJu+EnUoCDhCSLMwDFFwNIHFgzaXdfEWnJmpyWtRHLC1ESkPnxt4iF0GIP7I7dW+3ktxIp7gUTOuRzpwlfoW2h7v6Xb6TZRzko18JmTUcBFHVIEjRaybcdg7IP6tyTcsNjk4cknitlwn3O+cAHVs5iTbWmKUfYvuyw9s=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all

My comments were for those who had yet to hear SAQ first hand. Hajo the expert
has provided an idea which I for one will be making thanks Reolof. I live next
to 11kV country-side mains feed here. It's damp, frosty and foggy days (or a
broken insulator) not all necessarily  at the same time when I suffer. I have a
mast up 15m plus the 7/8ths 2m whip on top (clear of the house) that I use for
receiving on MF/LF at times. The signals are weak from it but I use a dual gate
mosfet which is very low noise that brings the signal up. The coax is grounded
and shields domestic noise to some extent, SAQ comes in quite well on that set
up.  You don't need a lot of gain into the sound card for the simple SAQ
reception. But most modern RTX have very high gain front ends also mostly I use
it straight into the RX. However noise is a big issue with so many sources now.

Anyway good luck Hajo.

73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX