Re: LF: Re: VLF 29501, signal?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: VLF 29501, signal?
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 20:23:51 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
The transmission from Dex coincided with the second night of
reception of Bob's signal.   I put the two bands together in
this image

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/140305b.png

Dex informs me he was transmitting 2014-03-02 17:00 to
transmission.  Propagation must have taken the rest.

Markus wrote:
> Now I'm curious who'll achieve the first detection below 9 kHz!

In USA does an experimental license have to be obtained for 8.27kHz ?

Bob Raide wrote:
> I have to come up with more antenna height.

Maybe not. I would say, take whatever antenna you have and put
some voltage on it.  Recent history of VLF amateur operations
is characterised by pleasant surprise at how well a small ERP
can be detected at long range.

Jim wrote:
> Congrats Dex, Bob, Paul and Warren for individual and team
> efforts and a great accomplishment!

And Mike and Markus too, with the latter currently carrying the
distance record I believe - I make it 6451.7km from Bob to Nuernberg.
Dex to Todmorden is 6196km but with less ERP.

As always, the pleasure of taking part in a team effort far
exceeds that of any individual accolade.

--
Paul Nicholson