Re: LF: De F6CNI : Test WSQ

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: De F6CNI : Test WSQ
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:10:08 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Wolf,

rather than adding features to the WSQ sourcecode, why not use SpecLab as an audio preprocessor? A couple of nights ago, inserting the noise blanker function seemed to make a big improvement on the WSQ.display, and the mixer will be useful to become agile with my fixed frequency receiver. Using the free version VAC 3.12 which doesn't do audio reformatting, I had to set SpecLab to 32 kHz samplerate stereo.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:48 PM

Hi Steinar and Andre,

Thanks for the 2nd QSO Steinar - after QSY, you were perfectly readable
until that carrier in the center of the WSQ passband got too strong.

For me, 477.3 kHz instead of 477.5 "USB dial" seems to be a better
choice at the moment.
But I will continue to monitor the waterfall and see if other carriers
creep in there.
I consider using a longer FFT + inverse FFT as automatic notch filter
for those 'super stable' carriers, which would be nulled out after
multiple WSQ2 symbols. Will ask the author for the sourcecodes, since I
am quite familiar with "C".

About 472.2 "dial" .. even with the 1 kHz audio tone added, collisions
with CW are more or less pre-programmed..
So my vote would be for a weak-signal *QSO* frequency range at the end
of the band.
But before that, I will observe that rarely-used segment (except maybe
for a beaconing mode which I don't use) a bit longer.

73,
   Wolf  DL4YHF .