Re: VLF: DJ8WX 8270.004 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DJ8WX 8270.004 Hz
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:10:47 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On 19/01/2014 12:18, Markus Vester wrote:
Attached are four stacked spectrograms of Uwe's signal as received by Paul Nicholson, DF6NM, OK2BVG and PA1SDB (top to bottom), scaled to the same time and similar frequency scales. The steps around 2 UT seem to have left a gap at OK2BVG and DF6NM. In a direct mail, Paul has sent a series of phase measurements in half hour intervals, which seem to corroberate the assumption of a phase step sometime around 2 UT.

The improvements of Uwe's signal at PA1SDB over the years is indeed impressive. Uwe, can you perhaps comment on your antenna size and current, then and now?

Hi Markus

I was just up and running to catch the (cats) tail end of Uwe's transmission I look forward to the next excursions.

Re the improvement over the years in Uwe's signal. Here I have not seen signals recently as good as those in the past I am sure, I will look up my captures.
Secondly I think I saw an improvement when the QRG moved to 8270Hz. Of course this is a very tenuous observation, just a gut feeling but often those are highly reliable indicators of fields for investigation.

73 Eddie