Re: VLF: DJ8WX 8270.004 Hz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: DJ8WX 8270.004 Hz
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:17:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Uwe, Wolf,

maybe the tomcat only tried to eat the mouse, as cat's sometimes do. But there is another eerie possibility: he may have upset it intentionally. After letting Uwe just key the transmitter on and off for him for a few weeks, he now found out that he could frequency modulate it by tampering with the GPS, sending out his secret messages much more efficiently. Uwe, you are nothing more than his slave ;-)

> the antenna current is unknown. I lost up to now three instruments by trying. they changed to coal.
By now you must have a decent ampmeter graveyard on your premises ;-) But why not insert the meter at the low voltage side of the loading coil, or in the ground lead?

Hope to see you on again tonight!

73, Markus

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:26 PM

Hi Uwe,

umm..  "PPS zero-crossing too flat" was mumbo-jumbo from the software debugging phase.
The reason may just be as simple as "there was no pulse-per-second sync signal from the GPS" at all.

I have similar trouble here every now and then, because the GPS receiver ('mouse' by Garmin) is sitting on a window ledge;
and even though I don't have a cat, I can imagine what has happened in your case ;-)

Cheers,
  Wolf .