Re: LF: Unknown signal

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Unknown signal
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:05:15 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
My wild bet is on RMP / Kaliningrad Naval Base.

Before we moved down to 472...479 kHz I kept an ear on the proposed band over a year or so. Back then RMP made quite regular "RTTY" transmissions with center frequency 474.0 kHz. Usually starting transmissions in "RTTY-keyed" CW so the callsign could be copied by ear. They vanished from the QRG before amateur activity started and I thought it might have had something to do with the new allocation.

I remember this so well because I laughed at all the fears of hams "jamming" aero-NDB's, while this firethrower blasted away spot on the "BIA" carrier.

Anyone with DF-capability that can check if Kaliningrad in on the null-bearing?

As a curiosity RMP is also sending WX etc. in CW on 583.0 kHz, starting 16.00 UTC as far as I have noticed. Can be copied here on the AM car-radio on 585 kHz if there is a suitable BC-carrier on 585 kHz acting as a beat oscillator. (This is how i found them by accident years ago)

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ