Re: LF: 8.97 KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.97 KHz
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:06:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jim, VLF,

Jim, actually it is quite easy and logic that multiple instances can be opened that way. But it took me a long time as well to find that trick, actually as long as DF6NM told me about it :-) There are several things to learn and the program can be quite complex but all in all it is very close to perfect (it can't be perfect without beeing complex, and complex is relative) and, on VLF, there is no (!) alternative. I'm still running a quite old version here but recently i had to use the latest version and actually found some advantages over the old one. So it even became better :-) Once again many thanks to Wolf / DL4YHF that way!

Somehow a pity, i would like to be on air now but it's rainy, a bit. But i learned that 30 kV rms is not so much for such a big coil and maybe i should give it a try with some plastic foil coverage.

What about, the xmas days? Is there someone watching, maybe arround the 26th and 27th? I would like to run a longer experiment, maybe 3 days permanent operation, testing various modes, like OPDS32. Paul Nicholson told me he will write a tool to decode OPDS in his linux system and i belive he will decode it!

The QRN is really low on 33km these days, amazing!

73 all

Stefan/DK7FC