LF: 8.9758KHz Earth Mode Test 21st Dec.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 8.9758KHz Earth Mode Test 21st Dec.
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:01:07 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
G3MFW has problems posting to the Groups at the moment, I have received the following from him.

I have been experimenting with earth systems for some years. I now use the house water pipes and an array of 11 copper earth rods and buried sheet in parallel, 30 metres away at the bottom of the garden. At 8.9758 (crystal) I pass 1.5 amps at 50 volts RMS. I have made a reception map around Truro, Cornwall, at 1.46Hz bandwidth using a 41 turn horizontal loop on the car roof rack, supplemented by using the same loop on the ground. Ranges vary greatly with topography and earth conditions, but are up to 6 Km with buried utilities assistance.

I will transmit this Saturday, 21st Dec, from 9.00 to 10.15 am using QRSS 3 with endless dashes. I would be most grateful if you would report any reception using narrow bandwidths. I must be exciting several square kilometres of buried utilities – surely SOMETHING must be radiated! I can repeat the test at any time upon request.

Harry Woodhouse, G3MFW