Re: LF: air solenoids

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: air solenoids
From: Christoph Schumacher <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:18:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Jim,
of course you are right, at 1.5 wave lengths the field conditions are still complex. I need little more power for a larger distance. I have to invent something. The cw signal was normal decoded by ear using receive bandwidth 400Hz, rx was ICOM R72, ant something similar pa0rdt.

My return conductor for hf/lf current should be the water pipe (app. 15m down from the shack/roof. But I am sure that not 100% of the hf current moves that way because the equipment gnd is connected directly to the protective wire. In any case there is a spacious gnd network between coil and earth. But I am not sure that this gnd network will do a worth mentioning contribution to the complete radiation. I believe it is more a drain for the replacement current.

A very good idea I got from Clemens. I will try to stimulate the lf coil without a galvanic gnd contact and look what happens.

cu next weekend
73 Christoph, dl7saq