Re: LF: air solenoids

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: air solenoids
From: Christoph Schumacher <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:21:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Clemens,
thank you for the great idea. I will try to stimulate the lf coil without a galvanic contact and look what happens.

cu next weekend
73 Christoph, dl7saq

Am 27.10.2013 08:56, schrieb Clemens Paul:
Hi Christoph,

from the coil parameters you have given I would
estimate an unloaded coil Q of roughly ~500  on 137kHz.
I guess you've made your measurements with the measuring
equipment galavanicaly connected to the coil.
In this case *and at this quite high Q* it is very likely that every bit of conducting
structure of your *whole* test setup is radiating.
I would try the following procedure:
Couple the test signal *very loosely* inductively into the coil by using a coupling coil.
For measuring series resonance connect the ends of the coil together,
for parallel resonance leave the ends open.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ