RE: LF: air solenoids

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: air solenoids
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 08:56:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Christoph,

from the coil parameters you have given I would
estimate an unloaded coil Q of roughly ~500  on 137kHz.
I guess you've made your measurements with the measuring
equipment galavanicaly connected to the coil.
In this case *and at this quite high Q* it is very likely that every bit of
conducting
structure of your *whole* test setup is radiating.
I would try the following procedure:
Couple the test signal *very loosely* inductively into the coil by using a
coupling coil.
For measuring series resonance connect the ends of the coil together,
for parallel resonance leave the ends open.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ