RE: LF: iron powder toroid cores

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: iron powder toroid cores
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:44:26 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Christian,

according to the "mini ringcore calculator" (by DL5SWB) it is just on the edge
(a flux of 223 G while 221 G is the max. flux). But as I have sufficient T200-2
cores I prefer to be on the safe side, also taking in mind that modes as
QRRS120 and WSPR will require a 2 minute carrier.

For an indentical LPF filter (coil reactance remains the same) the flux will
drop with the square root of the frequency increase. So on 475 kHz the flux
will be double compared to 1850 kHz.
Or otherwise said: on 475 kHz you can only use half the power you can use on
1850 kHz.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T