Re: LF: WSPR-2 on 630m last night

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR-2 on 630m last night
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 07:46:21 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:references:from:content-type:x-mailer:in-reply-to :message-id:date:to:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version; bh=3Yy01vnY9uZQdJH46/8OtfVVKCvLyhwE0RvU++tZGL0=; b=ZHZpHCDFShTpt+tI1Y28j0yTbuOCvtZzAGYK7TG3f/jH5cnByE6unC8jVD32JNjU4B fGv80yVkQmzy3GaVRcWtIiyQWeEvvkgguYRoy2cjypzQZ8FNOmu8yJ5Kn7gkP97r890W vVE3e8Xg1YkawioeknuPN5WusJKjsPzZd+XQNqwZ1hGlaJtziBqRGhx6Qzk740gMGaKs o0NMpFFsQ55DHG3zy1SuuQGVuKtknUWPHcH09EaQEfqDx6eK+rqnWGO7YiqStd/QG/Kl ozrt1xZ5i2xf3nE0xRl1SjP+fWkiZQFOcDkheFcc8qO/ScPugkiePhN6RDbmvTI35PcS zCRA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dimitrios,

Don't forget to consider wire loop antennas for 630m. My QRP set-up has got
reports from Finland for 3 autumns running at around 1800km with just a thin
wire loop in the garden. With thicker wire it could be at least 3dB more
efficient. Larger loops could gain another 6dB at least. They need no ground,
are easy to resonate and match, and have useful directivity.

I am sure a very efficient fixed MF antenna could be made with thick copper
pipe without being very big.

73s
Roger G3XBM