Re: LF: WSPR-2 on 630m last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR-2 on 630m last night
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:10:33 +1000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=o71feLK29akNuZT6CpZn+uNfiElpavdhwxbcDydcr8o=; b=OcvHjhBPbi/9lTPzPggDXOY1zLNPviUJxqtPB63N2vpdaSVnJkgTgQWfv6A0eou81n bU3cpqgdJws+gAG3lZcUXGSajBranLPXkfX7+V5nSoJtovw6CyyqS3jP7qq2ZbT8INA+ 96Nl/zI0qDRg5cKaRbRBTxgq0Iq8+txuyeW+yCczjDm3Uy8Q6/uC/kbADkplyWFiPPtb 04bxHYOIMXBdIbUp8+mWrnNVrz2YSDW+0+uCOxWeLD+Mfy9qDFvdiKV0Qm7eo1tW4lMx el1IR740WxIXA3ZA2OTaWo/lWcNPGXM+Gk7aaceZv+zEwR0oToU/0+yvETHe5hLYA8se u6Ng==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

There are no problems here operating portable on 630m. The only
problem with portable operation is that it is hard to provide a low
impedance ground system. At home, I have a number of copper plated
rods and the impedance of my antenna is about 20 ohm, which is great.
When /P though, this figure is always much higher, and that ain't
because the radiation resistance has gone up miraculously ;-)

By the way, I am always amazed by the distance covered by such low
radiated power. Surely this has to do with 630 m but also with the
WSPR protocol. I routinely reach Tasmania, Brisbane and Adelaide with
my low power beacon, and the are all just shy of 1000 km away. I have
also reached a station in Alice Springs, right in the middle of the
country, and that's closer to 2000 km. If there were more listeners
further away, I am sure they would report reception too.

73, Dimitris VK1SV