Re: VLF: Sunday morning test 8270.020 Hz

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: Sunday morning test 8270.020 Hz
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:39:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you Lubos and Peter!

Paul Nicholson's http://abelian.org/vlf/sg8270.php is also starting to show the two carriers. Even though his synthetic loop antenna is pointing to 70 deg azimuth, a tick too far north for me.

I'm currently driving 0.3 A into the fairly small antenna (24 kV at 240 pF). The effective height was measured as 9m at LF, probably slightly lower at VLF, maybe 8m or so. At 36.3 km wavelength, this would give 77 microohms radiation resistance and 12.6 uW ERP. The synchronisation is derived from DHO 23.4 kHz taken off a small loopstick. Judging by the interference pattern on the local Loran monitor (GRI 7001 on http://www.df6nm.de/LoranView/LoranGrabber.htm), the phase of the VLF carrier seems to be stable.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:41 AM

Hello Markus, Peter and VLF!
Well done! There are two signals on my grabber now. Great!
Markus, your VLF set is doing very well. Although you are useing  "QRP" only (as you wrote in your e-mail), the signal is nicely visible here. Congratulation!

73!

Lubos, OK2BVG, JN88KS