Re: LF: Re: Re: Slightly OT - Birds (the feathered kind)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Slightly OT - Birds (the feathered kind)
From: "Federico" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 22:37:13 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
HI

When some birds disturb our antennas, there are different ways of scaring.

1. - Install a scarecrow on top of the antenna like a weathervane
2. - Use CD, s for light reflections.
3. - Hiring falconry birds, as is done in some airports.
4. - Heat antenna drivers at the "summer of Cordoba".
       As an engineer who has worked with RF tubes to 10 kW and 900 MHz to 3000 V
       water cooled "demineralized" estimated realizable "heat conductive antenna" for the birds, migrating to less aggressive territories.
Expensive but technically realizable

My comment, plus humorous, and dedicated to bring joy to the VLF-RSGB group is
worth looking beautiful aspects of our hobby.

Let us work and with joy and good humor.

73, DX and good humor for all.

Federico   EA2HB