Re: LF: RE: Re: Testing WSPR-15 on 630m

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: Testing WSPR-15 on 630m
From: "Victor van Kooten" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 08:40:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,

I don't know how sensitive wspr15 is for drift,maybe this is a cause
for lost decodes.Maybe you can change the xtal osc for a tcxo or a
ocxo,they are very cheap these days,ofcourse it depends on the freq. you
use.
Your construction isn't that ugly,This evening I will send you some
pictures of my own experiments,

73,GL

Victor

>>> Stefan Schäfer<[email protected]> 04/02/2013
23:26 >>>
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes i see i'm drifting. Not so fine. There
were
some missing decodes. Must have been due to the timing or maybe the
drift?

My TX converter is quite an ugly construction. It was grown from a very

temporary arrangement of a few electronic parts. The drift may come
from
some nearby parts (The ICL7667 and a 78S05) which become warm during
TXing and feed the heat to the xtal. I will investigate...

73, Stefan