RE: LF: 0.003 Hz drift DJ8WX at 8970,022 Hz

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 0.003 Hz drift DJ8WX at 8970,022 Hz
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:41:57 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Yep your right Uwe - we had good reception of Eu on MF and LF and some success at VLF too:-) but this location in respect to geo mag latitude and local topography has a lot more challenges than the flashing Neon signs of Tianjin or Shanghai/Singapore. My VLF s/n is far far  better here than China and Singapore

The over the North pole day to day delta in losses can be huge - VLF can be (can be) a lot better in Winter to Eu but Ive seen some of the best signals from SAQ not in winter at all....

At the moment we are in a medium speed solar wind stream and though it may not affect more temperate latitudes its like a big on/off switch here. For instance my MF beacon signal up at 730Khz for Vancouver and ICW NDB up North havent been heard for nearly a week...

Still thats the fun and games and still a lot to learn - Im still reading Alans last email on propagation and giving me a lot of head scratchings ....

Ill keep the VLF rx running as long as we dont have a power failure -  the station is being run from more "warmer" climes

Laurence KL 1 X