LF: 2013 to do list

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 2013 to do list
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:51:00 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi All,

Here’s my todo list for 2013.   2012 was less productive due to a rather suddenly poorly XYL (now resolved thank God and Addenbrookes Hospital) so I shall have another run at these weather permitting (it needs to be fine for my Site Supervisor G3XIZ to pedal over on his bicycle, while I provide tea, beer and biscuits!)

  1. Log all regular users on CW and aim to get 2 way with G3DXZ and G3KEV
  2. run RTTY, WSPR, WSJT and Opera on 477
  3. Achieve 1000 km WSPR, then 1500km and thn 2000km+ or poss WSJT and OPERA
  4. Reactivate my VLF NOV and start experiments again on 8.97KHz or use ground electrode mode and get a 2 way QSO with XIZ or X-band on 477 return
  5. 137Khz – repair the TX/modify as a PA and use IC 735 as 137 exciter instead
  6. sort out the rats nest nonsense that is the antenna farm at G7NKS, multiple jury rigged lash ups with have then adopted a degree of permanence due to ongoing functionality and CBA or pXYL syndrome
  7. reinstall Ic706 in Volvo (properly and without use of insulating tape, iron wool, scotchclips)
  8. feed airband radios with a proper aerial system that leaks slightly less than a coathanger
  9. get up to 8wpm hand cw
  10. work /P a lot more especially by the seaside in Cromer and down on south coast
  11. sort out GI7NKS antenna system and get it more efficient (now that is a small garden 5m x 5m!, and my house over there is a little 2 bed semi and so RFI is a big concern!)
  12. rewind and set up a 477 coil and ant system for GI7NKS (IO64nk) so I can WSPR and perhaps CW back to home while over there
  13. just for fun I want to run a broad split whereby I use a Wireless N 5Ghz system to remotely control a QRSS laptop driver on either VLF/137 or MF in the garage from my office shack
  14. retask the kids trampoline and swings as antennas or earths.   The kids trampoline in particular looks like a miniature version of the “Elephant Cage” antenna at RAF Chicksands and the swing frame would make a damn fine set of radials
  15. I bought a YA30 T2FD from the RSGB offer on a whim and I want to put it to use. I’ve heard conflicting reports on T2FDs so its time to do my own experiments
  16. talking of experiments, I’m going to take a leaf out of G3XIZ’s book, quite literally, and keep a hardback notebook of experiments and especially computer set ups so I’m not pereniially re-inventing from scratch, or just scratching my head

that should keep me going for a while!

Best 73s

Jim G7NKS