LF: RadCom February 2013

To: "RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RadCom February 2013
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:00:19 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1358442018; bh=Ffz3DsQKWXNc6huWzYxqP2HbW8j0mOPPh0HMc2keuso=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=ToAHQodMGViTp5gxZD/ftuXmw0kpN+RC1Cr0eBZxunmvDixPSrVrfZVDlzUaYmb7hP0+uvggDu76UNwGqc+LkNpJx2DBNKycobeg5/8fegHRB05icslDFIYx9sXspKAYavIdUzv5Z38lbmbtk/bKzofov6MRU/IbIlLMcqjod9I=
Sender: [email protected]
I was surprised to see on page 9 of the latest RSGB RadCom under '2013 Band Plans', a statement re the 472 - 479kHz band:- "Activity is limited to modes with 500Hz bandwidth or less". The implication here is that this is what Ofcom has specified, especially as in the sentence before it refers to the Notice of Variation. As such, the statement is quite misleading and untrue.
Who at the RSGB has decided on this new rule? Why does the RSGB feel the need to impose such a rule? It looks like they are dictating to the membership, rather than representing them. Frankly a bit of a cheek.
I note later in 'LF' by Dave, G3YXM, on page 55, the correct statement is made, referring to the only change in the licence conditions being the power limitation.
Come back Pete (FMT)! All is forgiven!!
Vy 73,
Chris, G4AYT.