Re: LF: RadCom February 2013

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RadCom February 2013
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:44:08 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=/d7BySe9fs4AeJknIBkpHXIzezDxcmJhNSNHulL3inQ=; b=VZ2QNJwrViuTy912tiLht11gCxxJdC+Sn8g6WqboKUXHhX7vbBek83aYv6/xZb4/ug XiI1HBrw6yYtB9OO3YYZLyt0BS6JeXt+lrtIxnUxzK1oVaB8RfaCT3WAted/QntraSUv /gHALa5Bdo04NthX3rCgKSvx8Jopc8rrvTRasKM65FPhcFHU9w4fjiMvjjH3nzitbGK5 n5hcMUBPTuiscMaqG5+1VxtRcLqpqyOJ+nwuHr3YO97oQakutIf2ru518JvyfVc9iw3C WRTo9i17S8kP34WmzjDDskduMbqofvkSH+Y0YnhTzuc0sqYYuAK89Ex8Hf0j6t1MIilp pngg==
Sender: [email protected]
As an AM fan (on 10m and 2m) I am also disappointed that the RSGB has still not acknowledged that 10m AM has/is actually been centred 29-29.1MHz for as long as I can remember.  According to the RSGB the all-mode section starts at 29.1MHz: I've never worked an AM station in the last 20 years except between 29 - 29.1MHz, and there are plenty to be worked.

The 144.55MHz AM "centre of activity", which has been in common, if not great, use for several years is still just a begrudging footnote, whereas FAX calling (who uses FAX???) has a dedicated 2m frequency.

It seems that those making these bandplans never operate!

Rant over and now to get WSPR-15 set-up on 472kHz.

73s

Roger G3XBM