Re: LF: RE: 137kHz Rules and Regs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 137kHz Rules and Regs
From: Marco IK1ODO -2 <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 14:57:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

At 14:29 04-12-12, you wrote:
Hi Marco,
    Thanks for the note about PLC. I suspect that the utilities here
are using some very old equipment and are reluctant to change it. This
is a shame since many times there have been reports about the
vulnerability of the power grid (mostly concerning hacking), yet there
is a resistance to change. Very odd.

73 Warren K2ORS

PLC in LW band is used widely in Italy on HV lines, but I never heard of QRM. Very few active stations, however, and all (AFAIK) are far from power lines.

Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF