Re: LF: Off air due to fire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Off air due to fire
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:52:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike,

sorry to read and see this, and I'm glad you are all well!

Any ideas of what started the problem - presumably high voltage arcing? Considering the complete destroyed coil, it will be hard to identify an initial cause a posteriori.

Another screenshot of your signal at the time is
The end of the "V" was in a fade, but the problem during the next "X" is apparent.

Hope to see you back soon!

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:54 PM
Subject: LF: Off air due to fire

I am currently off the air following my loading coil catching fire
and damaging the house. I have had to take my mast down to allow
access to the builders who are repairing the damage. Fortunately I
was insured.

Hopefully I will be able to receive before Christmas and transmit
again some time in January.

Details and pictures are on my blog at:
http://g3xdv.blogspot.com

Mike, G3XDV