LF: 500 to KEV

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 to KEV
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:56:43 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Mal - thanks - well my part 5 license puts me in 505/510kHz only, also avoiding a low power NDB up in Fairbanks on 510 so Ive generally plonked myself around 506, but the cross permit/license comms restrictions are there so I dont think it will be possible save a X band on say 40m using my ham call.

 Ive never heard you on 137/500 from any of my previous "foreign"  haunts - in fact the last time I think was when I was listening to you in QSO was mobile on whilst whizzing up the M1

You also used to put a good signal on 137 CW into the Peterhead area years back when I live there- used to hear that G2 station on CW during the day weakly too - I used a loaded T at 70ft for 137 in those days but only listened.

Yes there are some very big guns up here in KL7 on 160 - perhaps we will have the fortune of hearing you on 137/500 season - I expect if condtions were good enough that the path to SM6 would be open now, as he made it hear  in Alaska and Far Eastern China on 502.4 on WSPR at this time of year

Laurence KL1X