Re: LF: Ref Markus XPQ microHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Ref Markus XPQ microHz
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:19:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence,

I would suggest 137780.0 Hz.

The uHz spectrograms from Chris 4X1RF (in Bucharest and Haifa) and mine (in Nuernberg) continuously cover the "TA" range 137774 to 137781 Hz. We normally "park" a 0.05 Hz wide high-resolution display slot on 137780 Hz, but it can be shifted around a posteriori within this range.

There are weak European Loran lines from Sylt / Lessay on 137780.4190 and 137778.3705 Hz.

The nearest DCF-39 modulation gap would be approximately 137764 to 137772, a few Hz below the TA slot. But noiseblaning pretty much removes all the remaining splatter here, so it's probably not worthwhile shifting the grabbers to this slot.

At nighttime, my largest source of interference is mostly music and speech due to Luxembourg effect on the DCF carrier - of course there is nothing like a preferred frequency in those audio spectra..

Looking forward to your trials!

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:25 PM
Subject: LF: Ref Markus XPQ microHz

 Markus - can you define a descrete freq that you would be consider the best s/n in Europe for me to plop a carrier on for XPQ measurement?

Still some way but Im happy with the coherent nature of the GPS derived signal source for the Decca driver. The source will be the HP3336b GPS 10MHz ref'd

Laurence KL1X Alaska