Re: LF: PA0A log

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PA0A log
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:56:54 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Eddie,

G3ZJO wrote:
I will leave it for another day, and possibly get rid of these false
de-codes, as below, copied from Steinar's post, I am getting them by the
dozen on two XP RX/Computer set ups it could be related to the huge
input signal levels which are even more uncontrollable on v 02r2706.
Transmit audio levels are also far too high.

Surely you must know that audio levels are controlled by external circuitry and by the Windows "Volume controls" for input and output. Nothing regarding the setting of audio levels has been changed in any of these released versions of WSJT-X.

For Rx, reduce the audio signal (or turn down the Windows input slider) until the WSJT-X audio meter is somewhere around 20-30 dB.

For Tx, move the Windows slider down until you have the level your transmitter wants, or insert an external resistive divider.

Maybe 15P6715P67WCV means something I do get a few variations also.

If you get a false decode and can't understand why, please send me the file that you saved. I very rarely see any here, and if set up properly you shouldn't, either.

        -- Joe, K1JT