LF: WSJT-X BENCH TESTS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: WSJT-X BENCH TESTS
From: Albert W <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 19:24:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello all test-users of WSJT-X,

Today I used the afternoon to solve some issues encountered by using WSTJ-X v0.2 r2706. Test setup Flex1500 TXing 1mW, with a lot of attenuation into a power combiner, output to a Flex 5000 RXing and the other input of de combiner to an active antenna providing real outdoor noise and some QRN. PC's Windows 7 64bit.

JT9-2: minimum SNR (on WSJT screen) for solid decodes is - 22dB. All OK while increasing the input level of the wanted signal untill the SNR reaches 0 dB (-1 dB is still OK) Here we get the famous *********15P6715P67WCV. The dynamic range of JT9-2 is in this case only 30 dB. (Remote stations receiving relative weak signals had the best results) Conclusion: for the time being you have to keep the RX signals at a level below a SNR of 0dB and above 22 dB for 100% decodes. Very important also is the timing, keep your PC clock within 1 sec accuracy and keep your tx and rx frequency as stable as possible.

73, Albert