LF: Progress

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Progress
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 00:35:04 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
LF,

Just found that the problem of my antenna is a self resonance caused by the inductor(s) of the DC feed and the 30m long RG58 cable. When connecting 1.5 nF in parallel to the coax, the noise is completely gone and the signal seem to look better than ever!!!
So soon the system will work here :-)))

I am now monitoring in WSPR and OP8 and of course in all LF grabber windows. From time to time there will be interruptions but the culprit is found :-)

BTW thanks to Edgar/DL2HRE who was calling in CW on 472.2 kHz about 30 minutes ago, calling QSX 501 kHz. That was a massive signal, at least 30 dB above the noise, comfortable copy almost without a noticable noise background, almost like the ID of a FM relais :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC