Re: LF: MF acty

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF acty
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 17:18:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Yes G wave is very constant , I can obtain decodes using ros-mf-2 ( -27 dB ros/op s/n scale ) via the delft web-sdr with about 150 watts feed to the Ae , and very much less to John in the Shetland Isles , though at that time I have a very high local noise level , which prevented decodes .

And with the big loop at gb4fpr 600ft delta , the 505 beacons where good copy all day , with Andy's beacon 559 ..noise is the limiting factor , 500 propagation is very good , even compared to 160 , which I think is why 600 mtrs was 'pinched' by the marine service at the change over from spark to carrier wave [ Mal may have more on that one :) ]

73 -G.