Re: LF: Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Grabber
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:18:31 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Giorgio,

This is very good news. I'm looking forward to your progress.

BTW many MF stations would be happy to have a CW sked on MF with IQ2MI, if possible :-)

For MF i have built a DC receiver but it is still not optimised because the band is still splitted. If i would optimise the filters then i would have no chance to receive stations on 502 kHz or on 501.3 kHz :-) So that, and the publication of the final schematic, has to wait a bit.

It depends on what is your goal: Simply having a receiver that does the job or the goal to have a completely homemade receiver. If you only want to receive then one of the new cheap SDR receivers will be an easy solution. A frontend has to be added though. Others may have better advice on that.

For 137 kHz i'm using this RX: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC%20LF-p%20RX%20converter.jpg G4WGT is using a modification of that circuit on his grabber. And there is the kit of JA8SCD,http://icas.to/e/ The IDC-136 is used by TF3HZ and YV7MAE for example.

For VLF you already have a receiver, your soundcard! Here you only need to connect an antenna. I'm using this one http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/8,97kHz%20active%20E%20field%20antenna%20by%20DK7FC.jpg

73, Stefan/DK7FC