Re: LF: Re: Saturday night...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Saturday night...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 15:13:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Geri,

Yes, i heared a station in CW on my QRG but it was just a bit to weak to copy the call. Also there was QSB, you know... I was testing the ferrite antenna and the first impression is very good! There was very little noise when pointing to NW/SE but this is not really your direction. When turning the antenna to your direction, there was local QRM and the S/N didn't improve. Testing the ferrite antenna in another location, some 10m distant, that local QRM problem was not existing, so maybe i just have to move the H field antenna a few meters and will get better results. But then i have to move the shack or have to remotely rotate the antenna.

Still some work to do...
Today i want to construct a combiner for the avtive E and active H field antenna to get a cardioidal antenna. That would be much smaller than a K9AY type and even /p in a backpack. So maybe there could be some more improvements soon.

Hope to hear you in the next attempts.

73, Stefan/DK7FC