Re: LF: Kites

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Kites
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:49:31 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Warren,

:-)
That's nice. I searched for a similar video. But the 4guys are not so clever and the wind was rather moderate. At > 4 BFT you have no chance to bring that kite down by hand. It is important just to pull it down into the direction where the wind blows, to minimize the forces. I'm using a deflection roller out of stainless steel which are used by sailors. These are hold by a big supporting loop: http://www.drachenshop.de/images/e-1012406_3.jpg Anyway it was a hard fight in one of the nights, the field completely in darkness and massive winds becoming stronger and stronger. That was when i've been young...

73, Stefan/DK7FC