LF: Re: Midsummer MF 472 Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Midsummer MF 472 Grabber
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:36:54 +0300
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]

Hello John & the Group

I can just about hear the LSB keying of the Darlowo NDB "SA" on 473.5kHz so I will join the Midsummer MF 472 grabber team overnight.

My grabber covers 471.8 to 474.2 kHz so reception of "BIA" and "SA" LSB will also be visible as a reference:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13365793/grabber.html

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ
Vaasa, KP03SD

Quoting John P-G <[email protected]>:

Hello Group,

I've set up a temporary grabber covering 471.5 - 474.5 kHz. I don't
expect to see/hear too much, at this time of year at this latitude there
is very little darkness, but Paul-Henrik seems to be hearing things from
further north, so it's worth a try.

Using a Wellbrook ALA1530S+ loop, which isn't as sensitive for weak
signals as a tuned vertical, until I re-configure my main antenna for MF
operation - feeding an IC-R75.

The image updates every 5 minutes:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3551430/grabber.html

The direct link to the image is: