RE: LF: Text of MF-Allocation to German Hams

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Text of MF-Allocation to German Hams
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:34:27 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Horst,

quoting WRC-12 document 362-E:

"The maximum equivalent isotropically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) of stations in the amateur service using frequencies in the band 472-479 kHz shall not exceed 1 W. Administrations may increase this limit of e.i.r.p. to 5 W in portions of their territory which are at a distance of over 800 km from the borders of Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, China, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, the Russian Federation, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Syrian Arab Republic, Kyrgyzstan, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, Ukraine and Yemen. In this frequency band, stations in the amateur service shall not cause harmful interference to, or claim protection from, stations of the aeronautical radionavigation service."

So according to this it is either 1W EIRP or 5W EIRP. But this values should be seen as a maximum, national authorities can be more rigid.

I haven't had a close look on a map, but it might be that the eastern part of Germany is within the 800km protection zone (Russie, Belarus).

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T