Re: LF: MF propagation...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF propagation...
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:21:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Yes Chris is 50% of the distance I am to the delft sdr, over land that indices a big loss , I can decode using ros-mf-2 during the day time , with 150 watts to the Ae , during the night , I have decoded with round 500 mW Ae feed , Mal being on the sunny east coast , has a nice water path over to EU , just as gb4fpr , a path out to the west over the Atlantic and south down the river Mersey

But as we have proved with the 600 ft delta loop , a vertical section is a requirement to radiate effectively, most old marine installations , only had 30 or 40 feet of vertical wire from the radio room to the top wire , not sure how the salt water on the canvas , wire rigging and wooden hull's affected the signal , Mal might be able to advise on that ?

G..