LF: New VLF Grabber in Darmstadt

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: New VLF Grabber in Darmstadt
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:18:16 +0200
Cc: Paul <[email protected]>, Christoph Maurer <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

VLF,

It's a long time ago that we put the focus on VLF. Today i want to inform you about a new VLF Grabber at the Technical University of Darmstadt, http://skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/gvw/grabber.html run by Christoph Maurer who is working in the nuclear science institute. Seems they want to observe the VLF spectrum and try to make some earthquake precursors. I've been in contact with Christoph some month ago and convinced him to share the received spectrum with us by running such a grabber :-) He even runs a "DFCW-6000" window on that site. There are no CPU resources for that at the moment though. The distance to Heidelberg is 51.3 km, http://no.nonsense.ee/qthmap/?qth=JN49HV80ST&from=jn49ik00wd so it should be easy to get a reception on 8970 Hz (Dreamers band :-) ) even in summer.
If i find the time in the coming weeks i'm planning a summer VLF event.
BTW my special permission to fly a kite in 300m AGL expires in June 2012 :-( These days, i'm not sure whether it makes sense to try to extend it.

73, Stefan/DK7FC