Re: LF: 475 kHz exciter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 475 kHz exciter
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 10:21:25 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

On 26-5-2012 0:48, Stefan Schäfer wrote:
I've been thinking about using the 2nd D Flipflop of the 4013 and build a divide by 4 circuit. With this exciter one could easily use a HF TRX like the IC-706 and drive the exciter by transmitting QRP in the 160m band. 1900 kHz will then result in 475 kHz and the frequency accuracy should be fine. In Split-mode one could transmit on 160m and receive directly on MF. Using 3x 150 Ohm / 2W in parallel and another 1 kOhm resistor in series with 2 antiserial Z-diodes should be OK for driving the input of the 4013 and getting a perfect SWR for the TRX... Maybe this is how i will do it.
A similar set-up is running for some time here.
I started with de QTX 100W design with a 2MHz x-tal driven. (I'm also one of those lurkers of this group) Frustrated by the single channel I realized thet the TS-440 has an "all band" option. Simply replaced the the X-tal with a "dummy"-driven single transitor in saturation, which fed de CD4024 by 4 divider. From the dummy there is an attentuation by 4. Drive from the TS440 is full CCW, almost zero. It produces100W from 400-600kHz. Off course only non-lineair modes can be used (CW, Opera, Slowhell ect) There is small interface which plugs into the transverteroutlet which drive the fast reed antenna relais.

Also experimented with a mixer from 2MHz to 500kHz which works fine, only it requires some caution in relation to the drive. Otherwise a wide noiseskirt is included. The PA is not lineair and whole circuit has a certain "treshold". NL 600m license is restricted to CW only, we consider Opera when prefixed with a morse ID a such, the rest which follows is just test and tune signals :-)
The divider route is therefore best suitable in my case.
Jan/pa3abk

--
pa3abk<->  dordrecht jo21it