Re: LF: VO1NA - Venezuela opening

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA - Venezuela opening
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 11:50:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
LF,

This is the light and dark situation to the time when DCF39 disappears in Venezuela http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DCFsunriseYV.png
Looks like the first reflection zone in the ionosphere gets ionized to that time...

Last night i tried to appear in YV using DFCW-180. No chance! There is just to much QRN which seems to come from South America, since it disappears to Martin's sunrise, not to our sunrise... Looking forward to get some more experience on that path, regarding best times in the year (propagation+QRN...).

73, Stefan/DK7FC