Re: LF: Basic LF understanding

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Basic LF understanding
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 22:19:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

and aerial that work's <<

To quote ''BUT he had not attached his outside antenna!! HI'' Good stuff this vintage data, not like this modern new fangled Slow Morse everyone keeps tapping on about ..... ))

Yes , I think the holy grail of large arrays and low s/n performance on RX is reserved for those living in the middle of nowhere and installations that are surrounded with salt water , either permanently or on a 2 times in 24 hour rolling cycle !

After the gb100mgy and gb4fpr runs last week or so , the 600 ft delta loop did a very good job on Rx , feeding the Apollo Rx via the Tx tuner .....with very little background noise , oddly the 504 carrier was virtually under the noise , so it looks like there is a big null out to the west .... not the best place for it ...

1 mile in land at my qth , with a top loaded 40 ft vertical , nothing but a wall of noise , holding the ra1778 S-meter at 60 to 80 dB in usb 60% deflection, the skanti R5003 shows sinpo 4 signal level in the same configuration , Tx wise , totally different , 2 or 3 watts ros-mf-2 decoding in the Shetlands no problem .and that's in the day time over the Pennines . wonderful..

73 -G..