RE: LF: Titanic Frequency

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Titanic Frequency
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:16:18 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Jan, all,

have a look at http://www.hf.ro/

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T
Van: [email protected] [[email protected]]
namens pa3abk [[email protected]]
Verzonden: zondag 15 april 2012 11:49
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: Re: LF: Titanic Frequency

Nice question.
My friend Google couldn't produce an instant answer.
What I know is that they used to have two frequency bands in use: 300m &
600m.

Knowing that the MGY was a modern vessel assume he had both and he
certainly should have produced his CQD on all frequencies available.

http://marconigraph.com/titanic/wireless/mgy_wireless.html

As Andy pointed out, sparktransmitters do have wideband, when  a couple
of stations were in the air the spectra was well occupied.

There was also a certain "isolation" between Marconi and non-Marconi
stations, which they didn't improve the initial contacts and QSP.

The 600m came official alive after the disaster.

BTW The company I work for, still has of a wirelesstation in the
showroom from those days (1916).
A Telefunken spark transmitter working on both 300m & 600m.
It's quite an eye catcher between all the modern stuff and a good
marketing tool :-)

Jan/pa3abk

--
pa3abk<->  dordrecht jo21it