Re: LF: Re: 136 propagation a QRO secret ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 136 propagation a QRO secret ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:46:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

R Alan,

Good point on the multi-path to VK , that's one of the un-anticipated advantages of the Op system, as its only 1 carrier , on/off phase distortion is not a problem along with Doppler, the coding allows for a random loss of upto 50% of the data distributed along the time line or in a block.

EU/VK Dx fade patterns on 136 , tend to show , there would be sufficient signal to meet the decode criterion for OP32

DSP may be one of the best uses for desk top PC processing power , that side still remains a bit of a dark art ..

Ok on the spirit, that may be a little hung over from the celebrations !, But at least Mal , gave the system a run on 500 and Bob in NY achieved a 'Dual' west coast de-code USA west coast and Europe West coast at the same time , that's a good trick !

Thinking about it, the GB4FPR location could be a good place to 'go fly a kite' , there is a Kite festival at Wallasey/New Brighton 9th & 10th June ... may be a good place to start .. only thing missing is the atu ..

73 - G.